Create Meaningful Decor with Shutterfly

DISCLOSURE  |  This post was sponsored by Shutterfly through their partnership with POPSUGAR.  While I was compensated by POPSUGAR to write a post about Shutterfly, all opinions are 100% my own.

Create Meaningful Decor with ShutterflyFor the past year, I’ve had a special stash of items I’ve collected just waiting for me to create a gallery wall.  Unfortunately, I just couldn’t find enough items that really felt special enough to be a part of the wall.  I wanted everything I placed to have meaning, since the gallery wall would be front and center in our entryway and is a main wall in my office / craft room.  I’m so excited to show you how easy it was to Create Meaningful Decor with Shutterfly that fit perfectly into my space and was exactly what I was looking for.

Create Meaningful Decor with ShutterflyPart of my gallery wall includes our entry table, and whether I’m home alone or have friends and family over, one thing I always have is a candle burning on it.  Having soft, sweet scents in the air makes me feel more energetic, and it makes everything feel more inviting.  I’m a huge citrus fan, so when it comes to scents, I always stick to grapefruits and other sweet citrus scents when choosing a candle.

I was so excited to see this Grapefruit Blossom candle from Shutterfly.  Not only is it a soy wax candle with a super long burn time, it’s the perfect light scent I wanted.  It smells so dreamy.

I also loved that I could create a custom design for my candle using the Upload Your Own Image option.  I wanted to create something personal that as I walk past it daily, it would encourage me to get the things on my to-do list done since I’m a huge procrastinator. I picked a fun graphic I have had saved for a while and just uploaded the image to Shutterfly.  It was super easy to do; I’m kind of obsessed and want to make candles for all my friends as gifts now!

Create Meaningful Decor with ShutterflyNow for the gallery wall, I wanted to create some artwork that would be close to my heart. So naturally I wanted feathers to be a huge focal point.  Not only do the feathers represent this blog, but they are a sweet reminder of each of my boys.  I created one piece of art for each boy, each design different since each child has a different personality.

I went back and forth with creating on canvas or metal, and these 10 x 24″ Gallery Panoramic Metal Wall Art were the top pick.  I loved the modern touch they bring to the space with the clean, sleek lines and metal.  Creating them was so easy to do.

Again, I uploaded my own images to Shutterfly.  After making some slight adjustments to make sure the artwork was centered and the right scale, I added them to my cart.  When they arrived, I couldn’t have been more excited.  The artwork printed perfectly.  Shutterfly really does make it easy to create custom decor and art, whether you’re using family photos to create gifts or uploading your own custom art images.

Create Meaningful Decor with ShutterflyThe best part about these Metal Prints is that they come with their own hanging system on the back.  Each piece comes with a handy template to use for hanging to be sure they are even, which makes them super easy to install.

Create Meaningful Decor with Shutterfly

Create Meaningful Decor with ShutterflyCreate Meaningful Decor with ShutterflyI also printed some simple 5 x 7″ prints with Shutterfly.  I chose to print an inspirational quote that I designed, it’s another reminder for me as I walk past this gorgeous wall every day to follow my dreams and to be fearless doing it.  The second print I had printed is the fun Aztec design on the gallery wall.  Printing quick art like this helped to complete this space and gave it the personal touches I was looking for.

Create Meaningful Decor with ShutterflyI love how easy it was to Create Meaningful Decor with Shutterfly, and I absolutely adore how this entryway turned out.  It makes me so happy when I walk past it and see everything put together.

Create Meaningful Decor with Shutterfly

Comments

There are so many gorgeous aspects to this gallery way and entryway setup! I love love love all these ideas and will definitely be checking out Shutterfly for creating some personalized decor coming up.

• craftedsparrow says

Wow, thank you so much Kristin! I love hearing that! Yes, be sure to check Shutterfly out – they have so much to offer for home decor! Have a super week!

• craftedsparrow says

Thank you so much Whitney! Aren’t those feather prints amazing?! I just love them so much! The arrow print is actually from Hobby Lobby, it was a great price too! 馃檪

I first saw your gallery wall on Instagram, and I’m glad you posted some details on your blog. Your feathers are beautiful, and I like that you made them differently to represent each of your boys. You have amazing talent. Your drawings are so pretty, and you have a great combination on the wall. We are redoing our entry way right now, and I’d love a gallery wall. I’m just not sure I can put something together this beautiful.

Do you remember where you bought (or maybe created) your ‘hello’ sign?

Nice work!

• craftedsparrow says

Hi Kelli, thank you so much! The “Hello” sign is from Hobby Lobby, you can find it in stores right now. I think it came in two wood colors, it’s so cute! Have a super weekend! 馃檪

3. CHERYL says

I love the metal art. I went to upload some photos to be processed and every photo I added it says resolution too low. 馃檨

I have a lovely panoramic of London Tower that I wanted done in black and white.

• craftedsparrow says

Hi Cheryl, I’m so sorry you’re having trouble uploading. When I upload photos they are typically a large photo size like 2300 x 3400 straight out of my dslr camera. So I’m not sure what the smallest photo size you can upload to Shutterfly is while maintaining great quality. I bet they have a troubleshooting section that will let you know what image size works best. Hope you have better luck and are able to get that printed, it will be fantastic when you do! 馃檪

• craftedsparrow says

Thank you! They were printed at Shutterfly.com, the original artwork is a purchased image set from creativemarket.com…search feathers. 馃檪 Have a great day.

4. Courtney Norman says

Hello, I love your wall! You did such an amazing job! I am wondering where you found your FOUR? I am in love with it!

• craftedsparrow says

Hi Courtney, thank you so much. The “4” sign was a project to purchase at a local craft night I hosted. If you are interested in buying a sign you can head over to lollyjane.com and click on their shop tab. 馃檪

• craftedsparrow says

Thanks Kara. No, I don’t sell the feather prints. They are actually a custom ordered metal print from Shutterfly.com. I purchased the feather digital images from CreativeMarket.com and uploaded my images to Shutterfly for printing. Hope that helps. 馃檪

• craftedsparrow says

Hi Courtney! Thank you so much. The clipboards are just plain old normal boards from an office supply store, the mini size and I spray painted the clips gold. The small “L” plate was actually a dollar store metal tray with a chicken on the front that said “fresh eggs” I just gave it a quick coat of white chalk paint and added a vinyl “L” that I cut with my Cricut Explore to the front. 馃檪 Have a super weekend.

• craftedsparrow says

Hi Reema, thanks for asking. It was actually a project we made for our local craft night that I hosted. 馃檪

• craftedsparrow says

Thanks so much Kamryn! Isn’t it awesome?! It’s from Target last year. I wish they’d bring it back again!

• craftedsparrow says

Hi Katie, thanks so much for asking. It’s Sherwin Williams Light French Gray. It’s a great gray, looks darker in the evening light of course but light in the daylight. Be sure you use a flat version of the paint if you go with it, any more shine to the sheen and it can change the color. 馃檪 Have a great week.

• craftedsparrow says

Thank you so much! It’s actually a ceramic piece I found at Goodwill and repainted. 馃檪