Washi Tape Tin Cans

So after I saw everyone was buying Washi Tape at Target I jumped on board and bought some too.  I had the need to try it out, and I really like it.  It’s a really quick way to add a pop of color to things.  I’ve been saving these tin can’s for my craft room re-do to help organize things.  I was planning on painting them, but decided to give the Washi Tape a chance.  They turned out great.  It was super quick too.  I bought the green/teal pack of Washi Tape at Target, you can find these 4 packs of tape in the office supply section for about $4.  They also have other coordinating office products next to the tape.
I just wrapped these tin cans up and viola I have inexpensive organization for my desk until the rest of the room is done and I can use them for other things if I want.
These are my favorite colored pencils!  I’ve been hoarding them since High School {15 years ago people} because they are too pretty to use…truth is I have a 18″ x 6″ x 8″ box full of them!  Lots of delightful colors.  Prismacolor makes the best pencils.  I finally let Corbyn take a bunch to school and stopped being so selfish.  If I didn’t he’d be inheriting them when I die.
This is my little sparrow that sits on my desk a friend gave me.
And if you already have both tin cans & Washi Tape this project is FREE!  You could make the kiddo’s some craft storage for their rooms, desk organization for you office at work or home, and if your lucky and get those really big tin cans from Costco or Sams when you buy a gallon of nacho cheese {not that I’ve ever done that} you could totally use this for pantry storage!  Ooooh, I’m totally doing that last one!  Just thought of that while writing this.  The hubby gets huge cans all the time at the restaurant.  Score.
Have fun!

Comments

Adorable! I just got some b&w washi tape, but love the colors you’ve used here! Had to smile at the hoarding of the pencils too- I am so the same way! Favorite pretty things become sacred somehow :) I swear I have fabric I’ll never cut into cuz it’s just too fun to look at! :P Glad to have stopped by tonight- hope you have a great rest of the week!

These are beautiful! Did you ever go to Chandler First Assembly of God? I think I remember your brother helping in the Youth group (I graduated high school in 2005).

This is such a great variation from cover tins in scrapbook paper! I’m creating some centerpieces for a friend’s wedding and am using tin cans. I think I may do this instead!! Thanks for sharing!

What a cute idea! I’m your newest follower:) I also nominated you for the Veratile Blogger Award! Go to my blog for the details.

Rachel (absolutelylovingmylife.blogspot.com)

Such a great idea! Love the colour too. ;) I’m your newest follower & am looking forward to exploring your blog some more!

~Steph @ Silver Boxes

I featured you today! Come have a look and be sure to grab a featured button from my sidebar! Thank you for linking up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

So simple but make such a big impact! I love your color choices and great pics! I didn’t even know Target sold this tape?! So excited to get some on my next shopping trip to make these beauties!

This is really beautiful Rebecca!! The washi tape was a great way to decorate them! I need to find some!!

Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

Hi! I found you through Live Laugh Rowe and am so glad I did. This re-use of tin cans is so clever and I love the color choice you made! I am your newest follower.

I just found your blog thru House of Hepworths and I love it! I can’t wait to go back thru the archives and see what you’ve done!

Your newest follower!

Lori : )
    Thrifty Decor Mom

That is dang clever! I’ve been hanging onto oatmeal cans (weird, I know) wondering how to make them cute and this is the perfect solution!

PS: Featuring you this weekend ;)
    Thanks! xo