Today to celebrate the incredible Dr. Suess’s birthday I thought we’d have a quick round up all things Suess!
Dr. Seuss Fun Facts
* Birth Date: March 2, 1904
* Dr. Seuss’s real name is Theodor Geisel
* He used the pen names Dr. Seuss, Theo LeSieg (his real last name spelled backwards), and Rosetta Stone
* Theodor Geisel worked in an animation department
of the U.S Army during World War II.
* He wrote 44 children’s books.
* His birthday, March 2, is the annual date for
National Read Across America Day
* His best-sellers included: Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Horton Hatches the Egg, Horton Hears a Who!, and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
* Seuss’s first book And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street was published in 1937 after being rejected almost 30 times.
* Death Date: September 24, 1991
And what a better way to start your weekend by going to see the Lorax in theaters today!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Love the post (found you in a google search for dr suess) so I started to follow you on Facebook. Your banner at the top says 107 but Dr. Suess would be 108 today. 🙂
The Crafted Sparrow says
Bah! I’m a dork, forgive me! I will correct it now. Everything I was googling late last night after an even said 107! Lame! ;D LOL. And welcome to the blog!
I am LOVD says
Love your Seuss round-up!