I made these super yummy White Chicken Enchiladas Sunday for lunch after church. It was so easy and super tasty. I found the original recipe HERE at Joyful Momma’s Kitchen. We love enchiladas in this house, that could have something to do with my better half being of Latin decent. Well that and I LOVE Cheese, and that’s the best part of Enchilada’s right?!
These turned out great, although I think next time I would add more green chili’s to spice it up some more. And I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and just pulled it apart, it was a quick fix for me. I think I will also add dice Green Scallions next time on top to give it a mild onion flavor and a pop of color. Even the hubby liked these which I didn’t think he would since they weren’t what he is used to. But served along side a salad it was a good Sunday lunch. When we normally make enchiladas we make a few different kinds, sometimes it’s just cheese and onion, other times we do mashed potatoes and cheese, mostly we make chicken – cheese – and onion. And I almost always mix red & green sauce together with them. Do you have a favorite enchilada recipe? Feel free to share it below in a comment.
Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce
* 10 soft taco shells
* 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
* 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 3 Tbsp. butter
* 3 Tbsp. flour
* 2 cups chicken broth
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don’t want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.