Today is a very big day, a day that myself and over 101+ woman have been waiting for. I am Brave and Beautiful – a beauty movement that is sweeping the globe. Colbie Caillat started it with her recent song and video called TRY. My sweet and super creative blogging friend Megan of Brassy Apple wanted to push this movement along and invited women from all over to share what they looked like without make up and I decided to join in! Colbie’s song says, “Take your make up off. Let your hair down… Look into the mirror at yourself, Do you like you? Cause I like you… “
Megan and her friend Cobi of Peacefrom6pieces have been the team behind this whole project. Their worldwide vision included creating their own video inspired by the song TRY. The talent of Robbins Creative made it possible for them to pull it off. You have to click play and see the beauty and bravery displayed and you might even recognize a few faces in there.
Myself along with 101+ other blogging women from different backgrounds, religions, ethnicities, ages, shapes and sizes have decided to be Brave and Beautiful! You can join in this movement too by sharing what you look like without makeup on. You don’t need a blog either! Just tag your photo with #IamBraveAndBeautiful on Instgram and search the hashtag to see who else has joined in. ALSO, if you tag it with a second hashtag – #ColbieTRY we just might be able to get Colbie Caillat’s attention since she was the inspiration behind it all!
Are you brave and beautiful? I am, here I go!
Yes I’m beautiful, I’m blessed with healthy – long hair, great eyelashes, and a clear complexion most of the time. I love getting all dolled up like most girls, putting on make-up and spending the time to tame my hair. There is something about putting that time in to getting ready for the day or a special event. It makes me feel great about myself, like an extra boost of self-confidence.
I’ll be honest, when I hear people complimenting me on my hair (which happens often) I look at my hair and think “Yep, it is awesome!” and I feel super awesome about myself after that. Now do I feel super awesome about myself all of the time? No, of course not. I have insecurities just like everyone else. Do I think I’m beautiful, absolutely! I know that God made me perfect and picked every single feature he gave me specifically for me! Yet, there are days when clothes fit tighter than normal, when the thought of taming my naturally curly hair or putting make-up on seems like a huge pain. I have days when I look in to the mirror and shake my head that I still haven’t lost the baby weight six years later and pray that God helps me change that. Even though I have those days, they are very few and far between.
See most days I look nothing like the photo above. If you were to see me on a daily basis you would see that if I do manage to put make-up on it’s very light. Mostly a mineral powder, and mascara. My hair is usually air dried and naturally curly, thrown up in a pony tail. And let’s face it my hair usually only gets washed once a week, thank goodness for dry shampoo! My wardrobe mostly consists of v-neck boyfriend tees, and either jeans or shorts. You will always see me wearing flip-flops.
I have freckles from head to toe, caterpillars for eyebrows, wrinkles around my eyes that are starting to peek through. Giant boobs that make everything impossible, short stubby fingernails from biting them for years, and don’t even get me started on the amount of pedicures it would take to make the nail girl not cringe when she sees my feet. And if you saw the stretch marks on my belly from having two boys, you’d think I was party of horror film.
This is ME. Brave & Beautiful!
When I hear a woman or girl say they aren’t beautiful, or find flaw in what they look like it hurts my heart. Plus size, or skinny there is beauty in a womans body! Big boobs or flat chested, there is beauty in your body! Thin hair or thick, wrinkles or not, there is beauty in your body! You are beautiful!
As women we shouldn’t be afraid to go in public with no make-up, or our favorite boyfriend tee and yoga pants. Be proud of who you are, know that someone loved you so much that he picked each and every feature you have before you were even conceived. You were made perfect! Embrace it and love it!
When we love ourselves, it makes it easier for those around us to love us back.
Now it’s your turn, I know you are Brave and Beautiful!
Don’t stop here. Get clicking around – it’s a blog hop! Below are more brave and beautiful women bearing more than their natural beauty. They each have a little bit of their heart to share with you. Some get very personal. Some share stories. For some this was very hard to do yet they gathered their courage and did it anyway. We hope as you click around (and YES pin these different posts!) you will feel the importance of it, the empowering effect it has and that it encourages you in some way.
Important info! Blog Hops often have glitches the first day. If the link has an ERROR, simply click on the HOME button for each site, or google the blog name next to the link, and you should see their brave and beautiful post there. Links will be updated as soon as possible.
1. BrassyApple 2. Peace from 6 Pieces 3. Is this Really My Life 4. Among the Young 5. Love Me Dani Marie 6. Sweet Charli 7. Kim Orlandini 8. XO, Ashton Tilton 9. She Calls Me Mama Leisha 10. Raising Memories – Canada 11. A Little Tipsy 12. Amy Cornwell 13. A girl and a glue gun 14. My Craftily Ever After 15. Maybe I Will 16. WhipperBerry 17. Paging SuperMom 18. All Things Thrifty 19. Ashlee Marie 20. The Project Girl
21. One Little Momma 22. Entirely Eventful Day 23. Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl 24. Tips from a Typical Mom 25. Utah Sweet Savings 26. Flats to Flip Flops 27. One Krieger Chick 28. What Meegan Makes 29. Simply Kierste 30. Live to be Inspired 31. HoneyBear Lane 32. Pretty Providence 33. Ma Nouvelle Mode – in FRANCE 34. MomEntity 35. Serger Pepper – in ITALY 36. Kiki and Company 37. Girl Loves Glam 38. Thrive
39. The Potters Place 40. Crafting in the Rain 41. Cooking With Ruthie 42. Delineate Your Dwelling 43. The Pennington Point 44. Bakerette 45. The Happy Scraps 46. Shannon Baird Photography 47. Tried and Tasty 48. Lionesses at the Gate 49. Fry Sauce and Grits 50. Lolly Jane 51. That’s What Che Said 52. Sugar Bee Crafts 53. Your HomeBased Mom 54. Happiness is Homemade 55. The Crafted Sparrow 56. R&R Workshop 57. I Should Be Mopping the Floor 58. Sassy Steals
59. Let’s Eat Grandpa 60. Being Spiffy 61. Sumo’s Sweet Stuff 62. Ginger Snap Crafts 63. Bless This Mess 64. Apronista 65. Dreaming About Someday 66. Frenchie 67. Tastefully Frugal 68. Four Marrs and One Venus 69. Your Sister Circle 70. Over the Big Moon 71. See Vanessa Craft 72. Infarrantly Creative 73. Family StoryTelling
74. Albion Gould 75. Life as Mrs. Larson 76. Tried and True 77. Play.Party.Pin. 78. Bite of Delight 79. Ink Happi 80. ObSEUSSed 81. U Create 82. My Mommy Style 83. Find it Make it Love it 84. The Contractor Chronicles 85. Novae Clothing 86. Mommy Makes Things 87. At Home with Sweet T 88. We Like to Learn As We Go 89. House for Five 90. Organize and Decorate Everything 91. Sassy Southern Gurl 92. The Creative Mom 93. Keep Moving Forward with Me
94. The Benson Street 95. Mom 4 Real 96. Sowdering About 97. illistyle 98. The Crafty Blog Stalker 99. A Fiery Red Life 100. Cupcakes & Crowbars 101. One Sweet Appetite 102. My DayLights 103. Restless Risa
104. Sypsie Designs 105. Vintage Mother 106. Like Mother Like Daughter 107. 30 Handmade Days 108. Queen B and Me 109. Apples by Ashley 110. Boutique Cafe – in CANADA 111. Just My Little Mess 112. Bombshell Bling 113. Sarah Tyau 114. Taradara Make it 115. Capturing Joy 116. Ivory Lime Photography 117. Jenkin Kids Farm 118. Free Time Frolics 119. Bella Storia 120. Dana Ohlsen Photography
Ready in join in?Snap, hashtag and share! Tag @BrassyApple and @Peacefrom6Pieces if you can too!
Also follow our Bravery and Beauty PINTEREST board for more inspiration!
McKenzie @ Girl Loves Glam says
I love you with our without makeup! I think you are seriously so stunning! The gorgeous hair, big boobs, you have it all! Not only that, but you are seriously stunning on the inside too. I love your spunky attitude and your heart of gold! I just love you!
Giant hug! Love you friend! Thanks for that! xoxo
This is awesome! You help give me confidence to rock my big boob world 🙂
Ha Ha, Yay! Us big boobed girls gotta stick together!
You’re beautiful as always Rebecca!
Thank you so much Marie! xoxox
Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft says
Love that quote, love this post! You ARE beautiful inside and out!
Thank you Vanessa, so are you! Truly, you are so gorgeous and talented!
Your sister circle says
Absolutely STUNNING! Love your gorgeous brown eyes! Such a great post and we have loved being a part of this campaign with so many amazing women!!! #womenneedwomen #hugstimesfive
Oh thank you so much. So sweet of you! xoxo This was a great campaign and I love the message it sends to women!
Pam @ Over the Big Moon says
Holy gorgeous lady! You never need to wear makeup! xoxo
Thanks girl! You don’t need to wear any either! 🙂
Rachel @ R & R Workshop says
Us Freckled girls need to stick together 😉 You are gorgeous without makeup! ! love your post and your example. I hope we get meet in REAL LIFE someday 😉
Thanks Rachel! I hope we get to meet too, any chance you will be at SNAP this year? Thanks for your sweet words, have a super awesome day!
Brandy @ BD Design Blog says
Girl, you are GORGEOUS with or without makeup! But what I think makes you the most beautiful is that giant heart of yours! You are the best!
Brandy! I love you so much, I’m so super thankful you came up to me at SNAP and introduced yourself. We don’t hang out nearly enough, and should do it more often! Thanks friend for the sweet words, I think you’re gorgeous and love that we usually end up laughing together!
Truly inspirational, love the video, the message, just fantastic. Love that video from Colbie Caillat and showed it to my step daughters when it came out. Such a powerful message, I wish it went more viral because I didn’t see many news or talk showes mentioning it. Thank you for this, I would love to share it on my blog if that’s ok, along with a photo of myself with no eyeliner…which is the only makeup I wear. You are so beautiful 🙂
Diana, that’s would be amazing! We want as many women to participate as possible…so please send me a link when you post. Thank you so much for your sweet words. Have a super day!
you are so gorgeous! had to pin that quote! it was amazing!
Thanks so much friend! xoxo Hope you have an amazing day!
OH MY GOSH. I am dying over those freckles. I absolutely adore them. Truly. And of course you know I love you even more than I love Diet Coke and fry sauce. xoxo
I love you Emily! Can’t wait to hug you in a few months! Thanks girl! And how do you possibly have teenagers, you look far too young! They have such a cool mom!
[email protected] says
I don’t know you personally, but I do know you are beautiful and talented! Thank you for sharing such a sweet message. I need to hear more of that and be more positive about myself. My feelings weren’t as positive even though I’m generally a very positive person. This post helped me!
Thanks Jillene! I’ve met you and I know you’re beautiful both inside and out! 🙂
dude your eyebrows are AWESOME! I love love LOVE thick eyebrows! and your freckles and hair are beautiful too! And the curse of the big boobs.. gah…
Oh Ashlee, you sure do know how to make a girl feel loved! Thanks girl! 🙂
Mallory @ Classy Clutter says
Rebecca! You are one of the sweetest, funniest, most gorgeous girls I know!!! And I know a LOT of girls! I am so thankful to call you my friend! You are seriously gorgeous in every way! You are equally beautiful inside AND out! That, right there, is a huge blessing if you ask me! LOVE YOU TONS!!!!!!! XOXOXO
Oh you! You’ve made my day! Thank you friend. I’m so lucky to have found you and Savannah, you girls are beyond amazing and sweet as they come! I can’t wait to get to spend more time with you two! xoxoxo