Today I’m super excited to have two of my favorite girls guest posting. I love them to pieces and admire them both, not to mention they are gorgeous both inside and out.
Hey there everyone! Jen here from Elevate-Everyday. My partner in crime is Summer and we are the founders of the Elevate Blog Conference.
But first here are the top 5 facts you should probably know about us:
1. We are real life BFFs who first connected over an email about HTML coding (so cliché we know lol)
2. We only get to see each other about 4 times a year, but we talk on the phone probably 500 times a year
3. We love dessert almost as much as we love our kids…all six of them between the 2 of us
4. We are happiest when we have so many things on our to-do list that it makes our heads spin
5. We would LOVE to meet you all in person at the Elevate Blog Conference next year! Keep an eye on our social media for more details to come.
Now that you’ve got the skinny on us, let’s get to crafting!
– Thumb Tacs (probably 100 per spider)
– Smooth Foam half balls (thumb tacs stick better in these than they did a styrofoam cone I had lying around)
– Googly Eyes
– Pipe Cleaner
– Spray Paint
I have 3 kids ages 7, 4, and 2 and wanted to do something fun with them, besides make a treat because I usually eat most of them! Something where they could participate. The 2 year old helped just a little bit, but the big kids enjoyed this more than I anticipated. It took patience and a bit of time and they just kept going. We started at the bottom and made rows until we got to put “the cherry on top.” We picked out spray paint and they loved getting to help with that.
Push the pipe cleaner into open crevices between the thumb tacs, glue on 2 googly eyes and wah la! You’re done! So So simple!
Make a web, let your son have his fun hanging his spider, and then move it quickly when the baby starts screaming because she thinks it’s really climbing down the wall.
We spray painted the legs also because we love glitter in our house and my little girl uses any chance she can to spread more glitter.
Thanks so much for letting us hang out today and we hope you’ll stop by and say hello.
Be sure to follow Elevate-Everyday on their social media so you don’t miss a single thing!
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Blog | Pinterest
A huge thanks to Jen & Summer for stopping by today and sharing this adorable project! If you happen to be in the Southern California area on Nov. 22nd you might want to come to their annual Favorite Things Gift Exchange Party at The Printed Palette Clothing Shop! It’s amazing, you won’t want to miss it.
capturing joy with kristen duke says
SO stinkin cute!! Clever girls…