I know the kids are back in school but if you are like me you are still looking for some fun weekend activities to keep them busy during down time. We recently purchased a large amount of perler beads, I’m not sure why we hadn’t ever bought them before because these things have kept my boys busy for hours so far. I had to join in the fun and create some things for myself while they were busy creating. These Chevron Perler Bead Necklaces were so easy to make.
These Chevron Perler Bead Necklaces are also part of the 10th Blog Hop, which I’m super excited to be part of. I’m sure you’ve seen this blog hop all over Pinterest. 10 awesome bloggers bringing you 10 awesome projects and ideas on the 10th of every month with a new theme. This months theme is Just for Kids. Be sure to check out (and pin!) all the amazing ideas from my blogging friends after you check out this easy project.
Let’s get started.
– perler beads
– wax paper
– perler bead board
– jewelry pliers
– large jump rings
Follow a simple chevron pattern on your perler bead board. I usually repeat my first color three times, so I start and end with it.
Using a medium heat iron with no steam gently press over perler bead design. Moving slowly until beads are melted slightly together.
That’s it your done.
– perler beads
– beading cord
That’s it, perler bead necklaces two ways and both are super simple.
If you are a mom of girls this would be a fun craft night activity. Who doesn’t love inexpensive custom accessories?!
1. After School 1-2-3 | Thirty Handmade Days
2. Baby Closet Dividers | Two Twenty One
3. DIY Harry Potter Wall Art | Landeelu
4. Halloween Happy Mail | Eighteen 25
5. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake | Or so she says…
6. Make Ahead Muffins – Kids Can Cook! | Your Homebased Mom
7. Chevron Perler Bead Necklaces | The Crafted Sparrow
8. Craft Stick Dolls | Simply Kierste
9. DIY Rocket Bird Feeder | Lolly Jane
10. Duct Tape Pumpkin Decoration | Capturing Joy