Every family has at least one picky eater, you know the one person that won’t touch fruits and veggies if their life depended on it. I love any chance I can get to sneak some extra fruit and veggies into our family meals, especially since I have one of those “picky eaters”. These Banana Blueberry Oat Muffins are a family favorite in our house, they are filling and so good. The best part? They aren’t too sweet, just perfect for breakfast – snacks – or as a treat and full of fresh fruit.
I know you are going to love these Banana Blueberry Oat muffins. You could also think about switching up the fruit, maybe strawberries instead of the blueberries?
Banana Blueberry Oat Muffins
Write a review
- 1-1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Mashed Bananas
- 6 oz. Container Fresh Blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill muffin tins with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mash your bananas with a fork or in a food processor.
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Combine the dry ingredients together using a fork or wire wisk.
- In a seperate bowl, beat your eggs slightly.
- Then stir in milk, oil, and vanilla with the eggs.
- Add in the mashed banana and mix.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mix well. Then add the blueberries.
- Fill your muffin tins 2/3 of the way full with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick pulls clean from the center of the muffin.
- Frozen blueberries can be subsituted for fresh berries. Just note that the color may bleed through the muffin batter.
The Crafted Sparrow https://www.thecraftedsparrow.com/