This Fourth of July Berry Dessert Pizza needs to be at the top of your list of festive foods to make! The combination of the juicy, sweet berries and cream cheese icing spread on a sugar cookie crust is absolutely delicious. You’ll definitely be going back for seconds, maybe even thirds!
I’m so excited to introduce you to the latest Crafted Sparrow Contributor, Abbey from The Butter Half the world’s punniest food blog. Over at The Butter Half she shares quick and delicious recipes. Abbey is a self-taught cook and photographer and lives in Southern California with her husband and two little boys. When she isn’t in the kitchen, she can be found playing at the beach with her family or binge-watching chick flicks on Netflix. Be sure to stop by her site and say hello, you can also visit her online shop for the funnest food inspired t-shirts and bags or follow along on her live-streaming cooking channel HERE.
Here’s what you will need to make this berry dessert pizza:
1 package or batch of sugar cookie dough
1 package cream cheese, softened
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 cup blueberries
- 1 package or batch of sugar cookie dough
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Form the cookie dough into a large ball, then roll out into a flat circle on a pizza pan. It will expand, so make the crust slightly smaller in diameter than your pizza pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust turns slightly golden.
- While the cookie crust is baking, whip the cream cheese for 2-3 minutes on high until it is smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until it becomes stiff and peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese and add in the powdered sugar and lemon zest. Mix well until it's smooth and creamy. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator.
- Remove the cookie crust from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. You can place it in the refrigerator so it chills more quickly. Once it's cool, spread the icing over the entire crust. Decorate the pizza with circles of alternating strawberries and blueberries, or whatever design you desire. Serve immediately. Cover and save the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Doesn’t that look scrumptious? It’s such a simple and festive dessert that anyone can make! Enjoy!
Be sure to check out these other amazing dessert ideas…