My hubby has the ultimate sweet tooth, and the best way to make him happy is by making him sweet treats. When I say ultimate sweet tooth I mean ULTIMATE! He would eat donuts and cookies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if he could and he has at times! Which isn’t fair since he never gains a single pound from any of it. This past weekend he requested something with coconut, so I gladly obliged with a double batch of these Coconut & Pecan Oatmeal Cookies.
This recipe is such a great combination of ingredients, you seriously can’t eat just one cookie! Try I dare you! It’s definitely become one of our families favorites.
You can easily adapt this recipe, try adding dark or milk chocolate chips. The base recipe for this cookie is also my favorite recipe for making old fashioned oatmeal raisin cookies, or oatmeal and cranberry cookies. Do you have a favorite oatmeal cookie combination, if so – leave a comment and tell me about it.
For the recipe be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post to print and save this recipe.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well. Add oats, pecans, and coconut; mix well.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop dough onto parchment lined cookie trays.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 minute on cookie trays; then transfer to wire cookie racks. Let cool completely before storing. Store in a tightly covered container.